Those of us involved with GORCC – whether as employees, voluntary committee members, coastal volunteer groups or partners – all have one thing in common. We all love our beautiful Great Ocean Road coast. It’s our inspiration and passion.
Here are 10 things that put a smile on our faces and make us feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
- The sun rising above the ocean on a perfectly still, crystal clear morning.
- Six foot at Boobs – or any of our other favourite local surf breaks.
- The walk along the cliff tops from Jan Juc to Bells Beach – simply stunning any time of the day all year round.
- The swingbridge and boardwalk on the Erskine River – a picturesque greeting card as you drive into Lorne and an enjoyable place to while away some time during your stay.
- Torquay Surf Beach on a summers day – despite the crowds!
- Volunteers working alongside our outdoor works crew at 6am on New Years Day to help clean-up the Lorne foreshore after its busiest night of the year.
- More than 2,000 people gathering in the dark at Torquay’s Point Danger for the ANZAC Day dawn service.
- The magnificent views over the Eagle Rock Marine Sanctuary from the Split Point Lighthouse in Aireys Inlet.
- An opportunity to rug up and walk along the beach in winter with a storm brewing over the Otways – ideal vantage points include Fairhaven, Moggs Creek, Easternview and Lorne.
- The feeling of relaxation that comes over you as you dig your toes in the sand.
These are just a few of our favourite things. We could go on ad infinitum but we’re more interested in finding out what it is about our coast that you love. You can add to our list by posting a comment to share your favourite things about the coast.
Posted by David Clarke, CEO.