The Great Ocean Road Coast Committee (GORCC) coastal reserves team is working to prepare for the busy peak summer season.
Several major projects have recently completed, while intensive maintenance is underway. From re-gravelling and re-grading carparks to pruning and cleaning, the coast is almost ready for the annual influx of holiday makers and beachgoers.
GORCC Coastal Reserves Manager Rod Goring said ongoing maintenance is an important component of GORCC’s work along the coast to ensure the foreshore areas are at a high standard.
“The coastal reserves team has been undertaking maintenance and upgrades in preparation for the busy Christmas and New Year period,” he said.
Recent work has included:
- Voss Carpark pathway (Surf Coast Walk) upgrade.
- Elephant Walk precinct works (playground and car park upgrades).
- Whites Beach Toilet block completion.
- Jan Juc Toilet Block completion.
- New seating for Taylor Park, Torquay.
- Re-gravelling tracks along Spring Creek.
- Trimming and pruning trees along the Surf Coast Walk
What are some of your favourite summer, coastal activities? Let us know in the comments below.