The Minister for Environment, Climate Change and Water is seeking Expressions of Interest for committee member positions for the Great Ocean Road Coast Committee (GORCC).
GORCC is a Committee of Management (CoM) formed by the Victorian Government in 2004. Like other CoMs, the voluntary Committee Members of GORCC are appointed under the Crown Land (Reserves) Act 1978 for a term of three years by the Minister for Environment and Climate Change, and are selected through a public, skills-based Expression of Interest process which has now opened.
In essence, GORCC is a community-based, not-for-profit organisation. They’re small, comprising 12 voluntary committee members (appointed by the Minster for the Environment and Climate Change) along with some 30 permanent employees.
GORCC manages 37 kilometres of Crown land reserves along the coast in the SCS, from Point Impossible east of Torquay to the Cumberland River southwest of Lorne. Their responsibilities extend to the Port of Lorne, Taylor Park in central Torquay and Queens Park in Lorne. View maps detailing our management area.
GORCCs role includes:
- Building and maintaining a wide range of facilities, assets and infrastructure– from artwork to zebra (pedestrian) crossings
- Operating caravan parksin Torquay and Lorne, and managing the leases for two others (privately operated)
- issuingleases, licences and permits for various commercial and one-off activities and events on the coast
- Undertaking weed eradication and other programs to protect the sensitive coastal environment,and
- Contributing to the areas overall amenity in any number of ways, including removing rubbish from beaches and coastal reserves.
- Designing and delivering a diverse range of special projects.
These positions provide an exciting opportunity for suitably qualified and experienced persons to contribute and provide high level advice on the delivery of coastal management to the Victorian community.
Applicants are required to register an account on the ‘Get on Board’ website.
For all enquiries, contact the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning Anglesea Office on 03 5220 2012.
Expressions of Interest close 5pm Sunday, 20 March 2016.