The Great Ocean Road Coast Committee (GORCC) is once again supporting Clean Up Australia Day and asking you to join us to help clean up and conserve the Surf Coast environment.
GORCC is asking the community to participate in the 2013 Clean Up Australia Day held on Sunday 3 March at our designated site, Bird Rock car park in Jan Juc, from 10am to 12pm.
You can view a map of the location here.
According to the Clean Up Australia Day website, in 2012 an estimated 591,400 volunteers cleaned up 16,169 tonnes at 7,363 sites right across Australia.
Last year our designated site attracted 11 volunteers and over 20 bags of rubbish were filled! This year we can do better, so come along and help clean up and conserve our precious environment.
You can register as a volunteer on the Clean Up Australia Day website to go into the draw to win a $100 Bunnings voucher or a $100 Rip Curl voucher by clicking the button “Join this Site” on our Clean Up Australia Day page.
What to bring:
- Just bring yourself as all clean up equipment will be provided on the day.
- If you have a set of gloves please bring them along otherwise we will provide you with some on the day.
- Ensure you wear a hat.
- Enclosed footwear must be worn.
- Water, sunscreen and light refreshments will be provided as well as a free BBQ at 12pm.
- All ages are welcome, but children 15 years old and under must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
Hope to see you there!
If you are interested in other volunteering opportunities along the coast visit our website.
For more information about Clean Up Australia Day download this handy iPhone App!
To learn why it is important to participate, watch the clip below from the organizers of Clean Up Australia Day.
Related blog posts:
|Help clean up the coast|
|Cleanup helps conserve the coast|
Will you be joining us at Bird Rock? Let us know below…